- Because Louis XIV once called Tokaji wine the wine of kings. You’ll still find it — and other cool wine adventures — in Tokaj, Hungary.
- Because it’s a chance to fly Porter Airlines. Unlike so many airlines these days, the team at Porter still offers free beer and wine, served in real glassware. As in, made of glass.
- Because the biennial Bordeaux Wine Festival is coming up in France. This year’s festival takes place June 23 to 26, 2016. While you’re there, stop in to visit the Musee du Vin e du Negoce. Find out about the famous region’s winemaking history, plus, your admission includes a wine tasting, too.
- Because there’s Vino and Vinyasa at Southbrook Vineyards in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont., Canada. Just in case being in wine country doesn’t already make you relaxed and happy.
- Because you can help the Italians celebrate the 300th anniversary of Chianti Classico in 2016. And yes, there are special events being held all year.
6. Because you can combine wine tasting with good food and art, too. Liquidity Wines in the Okanagan Valley, BC, Canada, has a stellar art collection by contemporary North American artists, including works by Brent Comber, Mark Bates and Ken McCall, Bruce Pashak, Jeff Burgess, Martha Sturdy and more.
8. Because you can still go to the spa after a big day of tasting. Spas such as the gorgeous Estancia de Cafayate, a rather magical hotel, spa and restaurant nestled in the heart of Argentina’s beautiful Calchaqui Valley.
9. Because you can see things like the world’s oldest bottle of wine. FYI, it dates back to 325 AD and can be seen at the Historisches Museum der Pfalz in Speyer, Germany, where it was found.
10. Because it’s a chance to visit the Veneto, the Italian wine region where Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet lived out their short and star-crossed lives.
11. Because it’s a chance to take a train on the third-highest railway in the world — in Salta, Argentina. It features 29 bridges, 21 tunnels and two spirals.
12. Because it’s an opportunity to eat delicious cheese-filled khachapuri and drink wine in Georgia.