Looking for an excuse to drink more coffee? Us, too. Here, five scientific studies on why we should enjoy our morning cup o' joe. Or six.
Courtesy, Julius Schorzman, Wikimedia Commons
1. Drinking coffee regularly may decrease your risk of heart disease, according to a study of more than 37,000 people.
2. Drinking coffee may decrease your risk of having a stroke, according to a study of more than 83,000 women.
3. Moderate coffee consumption may reduce your risk of getting Parkinson's Disease.
4. Coffee consumption may reduce your chances of getting gallstones. Maybe you've never heard of them, but trust us, they're not fun.
5. And if you drink lots and lots of coffee? A study of more than 125,000 women showed that those who drink more than six cups of coffee a day (more than a litre, duh) reduced their risk of developing type 2 diabetes by almost 30 per cent.